Having your garage door insulated is good because it helps in climate control, noise reduction and also helps to reduce your energy bill. You also spend a lot of time in the garage and you will want it to be comfortable for the duration of time you will spend there. Studies carried out by the manufacturers of garage doors have shown that properly done garage door insulation is capable of keeping your garage 25 degrees cooler in summer and 12 degrees warmer during winter. This will help to reduce the amount of energy that is lost along insulated ceilings and walls. Another advantage of insulating your garage is that it really helps to keep out the noise, especially if you live near a noisy intersection or on a busy street.
TYPES OF GARAGE DOOR INSTALLATIONS
There are different types of garage door insulation and anyone you choose will help to increase the effectiveness of your garage door. The various types include the following:
1. Reflective Foil Insulation: This type of insulation is used in lining the interior of garages and it is good for garages that heat up quickly in summer or hot regions because it reflects radiant heat. It is also known as air cell insulation, radiant insulation and aluminium foil insulation. Multiple layers of foil, polyethylene and bubble wrap are used to create a barrier against the flow of heat. This type of insulation gives higher insulation than panels.
2. Batt Insulation: This insulation is commonly made of fiberglass and it is flexible in nature. Most times, it is stuffed in the exterior walls and backed by foil or paper that acts as air and vapor barrier.
3. Spray Foam Insulation: This type of garage door installation makes use of solid panel in between each channel of all the section of the garage door. Spray foam is then injected into the panels which bonds to the interior and exterior of the garage door.
PUT IN A NEW BOTTOM SEAL AFTER THE GARAGE DOOR INSULATION
When the garage door insulation has been done, you need to consider putting in garage door seals. This is to ensure that cold and hot air does not go in and out of your garage as if the garage door is opened partially.There are some common garage door seal that are easy to install and inexpensive that you can use. They include the bottom seal, threshold seal and garage door weather stripping.
TEST YOUR GARAGE DOOR AFTER INSTALLATION
After doing your garage door insulation, it adds weight to the door and may throw it off balance. A garage door that is properly balanced will stay in place if it is lifted part-way and let go. Test your door and if you let go of it and it fails, call in a garage door professional to readjust the spring tension. The garage door opener can be damaged if it is left in an unbalanced state. With doors that are 9 foot wide, the extra weight is not usually a problem.
The use of wall panels is becoming more popular by the day.A panel is a single piece of material that is used as covering for walls. It is durable, easy to replace and has an appearance of uniformity. Thereare different ranges, from cheap ones that are easily affordable to more expensive ones that have high quality. Panels can be used to create different looks like stony, woody or fabric and each type has its advantages and disadvantages.
FUNCTIONS OF WALL PANEL
Panels have a lot of functions, and it can be used to create visual appeal, hide flaws and electronics. When it is used as a décor element, it is a good way of breaking up wall space. decorative wall paneling It is also used for insulation, soundproofing and to reduce the spread of fire from a building unit to another one. When you use wall panels, you can sufficiently bring down your construction costs because of the consistency of appearance that it gives to your wall thereby you don’t need to finishing material. To make room for electrical outlets and other devices on your wall, you can drill holes on the panels.
TYPES OF WALL PANELS
There are many types of wood panels that you can use for the wall of your building and these include the following:
1. Chipboard Panels: These panels are cheap and readily available. They are three different types that are available-high density, medium and normal. While the high density is thick and solid, the normal is easier to handle.
2. Natural wood panels: Wooden panels are easy to repair and replace, they also have good thermal and acoustic insulation. If you choose this kind of panel, the downside is that it will always require lots of maintenance work.
3. Fabric Panels:These panels are ideal for hard and smooth walls and it gives a cozy feel to a room. It is ideal for people that want a panel with a soft effect. You can go for upholstered walls if you want acoustic insulation.
4. Vinyl-covered gypsum boards: These panels are durable and have a very high resistance to fire. It is easy to install and has good sound insulation properties. It is highly versatile.
5. PVC Panels: Panels made of PVC are easy to maintain and hygienic. They also last long and do not attract dust which makes it ideal for those that have an allergy to dust. Since it is easy to clean them, they are mostly used in the kitchen and bathroom.
CONSULT WITH EXPERTS TO CHOOSE THE BEST WOOD PANEL
There is a wall panel that fits your different needs whether you need it for decorative purposes or those that will be a good fit for areas that are prone to moisture. Consult with an expert to determine what best suits your need. They will let you know what will work best with whatever existing interior conditions in your building and recommend panels that are suitable for the high level of moisture for your bathrooms and kitchens.